SSP Competition Handicaps rules (as they currently stand)
(Section IIA) Ongoing Handicap Leagues Rules For North Water Tower Park
A. North Water Tower Park
1. Time and Location.
a. Summer Schedule (April - October).
1. Thursdays at 5:30pm.
2. Saturdays at 10:30am.
b. Winter Schedule (October - April).
1. Thursdays - no events.
2. Saturdays at 10:30am.
2. Fees and Payout.
a. There is a one-time fee ($2) to establish your handicap at each park. Non-current members add $1.
b. The entry fee is $5. Non-current members add $1.
c. $3 of each entry fee is directed to the cash payout for that event - determined by payout formula guide.
3. Optional Funds. Eligibility is increased 20% per handicap round played at that park.
a. Ace Fund - $1.
1. If multiple people hit the Ace Fund they will split.
2. Caps at $250, then a back-up Ace Fund begins.
3. If a third Ace Fund caps at $ 250 ($750 total), the first capped Ace Fund is directed into a
league party at that park. A formula will determine how to use the $250.
b. Birdie Fund - $1.
1. Birdie holes are drawn randomly before the round by players in the Birdie Fund.
2. Players hitting 5/5 will win the Birdie Fund.
3. If no one hits 5/5, and the Birdie Fund is capped, there will be a $25 payout for
hitting 4/5. If multiple people hit 4/5 they will split.
4. Caps at $250, then a back-up Birdie Fund begins, then a third.
5. If a third Birdie Fund also caps at $250 ($750 total), the first capped Birdie Fund is directed
into a league party at that park. A formula will determine how to use the $250.
c. Bogey-Free Fund - $1.
1. Players shooting Bogey-Free for that round will win the Bogey-Free Fund.
2. If multiple people hit the Bogey-Free Fund they will split.
3. Caps at $250, then a back-up Bogey-Free Fund begins, then a third.
4. If a third Bogey-Free Fund also caps at $250 ($750 total), the first capped Bogey-Free Fund is
directed into a league party at that park. A formula will determine how to use the $250.
a. Singles Play. 18-holes.
b. Groups of 3 or 4 players will be assigned by the LD.
5. Course Configuration.
a. Tee pads are drawn randomly prior to each round.
1. Players with a -10 handicap or more have the option to play the short tee pads.
a. Short Tee Pad options: Holes 1, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 18.
a. Late Arrival.
1. Late is defined as when the LD announces a verbal "Last Call".
2. Players will not be eligible for any Optional Funds, unless they've made contact with the LD, or a fellow participant has already put in that persons' entry fee.
3. Players are still eligible for the payout.
4. Players may join after groups have teed off, but are required to complete all 18-holes.
b. Early Departure.
1. Any player who departs prior to completion of the round will forfeit any payout.
2. That player will not have a score recorded for that round.
1. Players who are tied have the following options:
a. Split the payout.
b. Closest to the pin (CTP) determined by participants.